Hasty Bake Hometown Tailgate Recipe Contest
August 31 – November 7, 2012
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KTUL, LLC and Hasty Bake ("Sponsor") is conducting this Contest on TV station KTUL ("Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
œ 18 years of age or older at time of the Contest; and
œ legal residents of and physically located in the counties of Tulsa, Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Haskell, Latimer, Mayes, McIntosh, Muskogee, Nowata, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Pittsburg, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington in the State of Oklahoma and the counties of Chautauqua and Montgomery in the State of Kansas.
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
œ live or receive Station's signal (e.g. satellite retransmission) outside the KTUL viewing area;
œ are employed by Sponsor, promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with this Contest (or their affiliates or subsidiaries); or
œ are employed by other radio, television, print media operations in the Station's market (or their affiliates or subsidiaries).
œ "Family Members" include: spouses, parents, children and siblings. "Household Members" include persons living at the same street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legally related.
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on Friday, August 31st, 2012 and will continue thereafter through Friday, November 7th, 2012. Recipe submissions must be received no later than 11:59pm on October 26, 2012.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by entering at KTUL.com, completing the entry form, and submitting an original recipe on the Contest screen. Each recipe must: (a) be an original creation, (b) include a recipe list with associated measurements and step-by-step preparation instructions, (c) be able to be grilled, baked, or smoked on a charcoal grill and (d) not have won a prize in any other contest or be published in any other publications whatsoever. There is no limit on the number of recipes an individual participant can submit, but only one (1) recipe from each individual participant will be selected. Recipes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but no recipe submissions will be accepted after 11:59pm on October 26, 2012. Sponsors, in their sole, final and subjective discretion, may select entries to feature on Station coverage ("Semi-Finalists") before November 5th. All Semi-Finalists will be eligible to win the Prize. Sponsors, in their sole, final and subjective discretion will select the winner of the contest on or about Wednesday, November 7, 2012.
By entering the contest, entrants grant Sponsors a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, including the recipes, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition and all other standard Sponsor purposes.
What can I win?
The winner receives a 131 Legacy Hasty Bake Charcoal Oven. The Prize is valued at approximately Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Dollars ($999.00). The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible recipes entered, the number of Semi-Finalists chosen, and the sole, final and subjective discretion of Sponsor judges who select the winner.
How will I be notified?
The winner will be notified by phone number(s) or other available contact information listed on entry.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won. Any winner that wins a prize or prizes that cumulatively value $600 or more will be sent an IRS form 1099 and may be responsible for paying taxes on the prize winnings.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
œ Signed Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release (See Attached Form)
œ IRS Form W-9
œ Proper Identification (passport, driver's license, or other form of government-issued picture identification)
œ Other documentation Sponsor may require
œ The winner will have ten (10) business days after he/she is announced as a winner to claim the Prize at the Sponsor's studio at 3333 S. 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, OK. All prizes must be picked up (M-F) between the hours of 8a.m. through 5:30p.m. Only the individual who is declared the winner may claim the Prize
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified an alternate winner selected?
œ if he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during ten (10) business days from November 9, 2012;
œ if he/she is found to be ineligible;
œ if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
œ if he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 60 days for prizes valued under $600 dollars. After winning a prize valued over $600, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
œ any technical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor;
œ cancellation, pre-emption, non-broadcast or out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or in part, of any program containing a Contest element and Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Contest, or any portion thereof, due to such occurrences; or
œ inability of the online portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including tampering or infection by computer virus. Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
œ to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
œ to waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
œ to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest;
œ to release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor;
œ to acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize and does not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work or any product associated with a prize including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance;
œ that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
œ that any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law;
œ that Sponsor is not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
œ that if, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received;
œ that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Contest; and
œ that in no event shall Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with the Contest.
11. Use of Copyright Material. Recipes submitted must be the property of the entrant. Entry of the recipe conveys the perpetual copyright license to Sponsors for use of the recipe entry for all purposes on all media. Sponsors have the right to modify, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
12. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute an Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
13. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KTUL, 3333 S. 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, OK, 74107.
Submit your best tailgate recipe for a chance to win a Hasty Bake grill.
» Official Rules