Commuters may want to figure out alternate routes to their destinations tomorrow morning as road work continues.
There will be new lane and ramp closures on I-244/US-169 corridor beginning tomorrow morning as part of a continued pavement reconstruction project. Drivers are advised to expect significant delays on the corridor, especially during peak travel times.
Two left lanes of eastbound I-244 from near Memorial Dr. to US-169 will be closed through February. Beginning at 6:30 am tomorrow, the corridor will be narrowed to one open lane through Saturday, Sept. 22.
The left lane of eastbound I-244 also will be closed between US-169 and 129 E. Ave. until the middle of September. Drivers going westbound on I-244 also can expect the right lane from near Garnett Road to be closed.
Ramp closures include:
- Westbound I-244 on-ramp from Garnett Road through mid-October.
- Westbound I-244 off-ramps to north and southbound US-169 through mid-October. Traffic going westbound can follow westbound I-44 at the I-244/I-44 split for access to US-169.
- Eastbound I-244 on-ramp from Memorial Drive closed until further notice.
- Northbound US-169 ramp to westbound I-244 is narrowed to one lane until further notice.
- Southbound US-169 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 is closed until further notice. Drivers should use the eastbound I-44 off-ramp as an alternate route.