Monster Jam Text-To-Win 2012
December 19, 2012
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KTUL, LLC and Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam (together, "Sponsor") is conducting this Contest on TV station KTUL ("Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on Monday, December 24, 2012 at 5am and end on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 12 noon.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by watching Tulsa's Channel 8 during contest window for :15 promo including on-screen instructions for how to enter to win. Viewers will be instructed to text a unique keyword to a designated short code, or to enter online at ktul.com.
If entering via text, send the keyword to the short code as prompted on screen in the promo. Message & data rates may apply. Send "HELP" to 87301 for info, or contact email@example.com, 1-866-HIP-CRIK (866.447.2745). Send "STOP" to 87301 to opt out of the service. You must have a two way text-enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan. Compatible carriers include Alltel Wireless, AT&T, Boost Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile (R), Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, and U.S. Cellular. Text messaging is not available in all areas, and on all carriers, within the United States. Contact your carrier for more specific details. An internet connection is required to access your email account. You, the subscriber, are responsible for the provision and maintenance of all facilities required to access these accounts.
Entries will be accepted from 5am on December 24, 2012 to 12 noon on January 2, 2013. A random drawing of all entries (text and email) will take place on or about January 2. Winner will be notified on or about January 2 by telephone, if entry was via text message, or by other contact information as provided via email entry.
What can I win?
Two (2) winners will receive a Family 4 Pack of tickets to the Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam at the BOK Center at 200 S, Denver, Tulsa, OK 74103. The Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam takes place January 5 and 6, 2013. The Prize is valued at approximately $100. The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible text and email entries received for each drawing.
How will I be notified?
Winner will be notified by phone number or other available contact information listed on entry.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won. Any winner that wins a prize or prizes that cumulatively value $600 or more will be sent an IRS form 1099 and may be responsible for paying taxes on the prize winnings.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 60 days for prizes valued under $600 dollars. After winning a prize valued over $600, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute an Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KTUL, 3333 S. 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, OK, 74107.