Chef Kenny Wagoner stopped by Good Morning Oklahoma Friday to feature a recipe he's cooking Saturday at the Chef's for a Cure event. It's a benefit for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Pan Seared Sea bass with Quinoa Salad
16 ounces sea bass fillets (4 ounces per person)
½ cup quinoa and walnut salad
¼ cup arugula
2 tsps fresh basil, minced
2 tsp chives, chopped
2 tsp fresh tarragon
2 tsp fresh thyme
2 TBS Dijon mustard
2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp shallots, minced
¼ cup plus 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
¼ olive oil
1. Cut sea bass into four ounce portions and cold smoke
2. Assemble ingredients for quinoa salad
3. Mix together and keep refrigerated until needed for plating
4. Place herbs, mustard, garlic, shallots and vinegar into bowl. Slowly add olive oil while whisking until emulsified.
5. Roast sea bass in oven until done.
6. For plating, divide quinoa salad onto two warm plates. Wilt arugula slightly and place on top of quinoa, top with sea bass and drizzle vinaigrette.
Calories – 513
Carbs – 21.9 gm
Fat – 36.4 gm
Cholesterol – 47 mg
Sodium – 334 mg
Fiber – 2.4 gm