September 30, 2013 – October 14, 2013
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KTUL, LLC ("Sponsor") isconducting this Contest on TV station KTUL ("Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Householdmembers who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on Monday, September 30th, 2013 andwill continue thereafter through Monday, October 14th, 2013 ("Contest Period").
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by watching Tulsa's Channel 8 during the Contest Period for on-screeninstructions for how to enter to win. Viewers will be instructed to text a uniquekeyword to a designated short code. Viewers also may enter online atktul.com.
If entering via text, send the keyword to the short code as prompted onscreen in the promo. Message & data rates may apply. Send"HELP" to 87301 for info, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org,1-866-HIP-CRIK (866.447.2745). Send "STOP" to 87301 to opt out of theservice. You must have a two way text-enabled phone with compatible carrierand plan. Compatible carriers include Alltel Wireless, AT&T, Boost Mobile,Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile (R), Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, and U.S.Cellular. Text messaging is notavailable in all areas, and on all carriers, within the United States. Contactyour carrier for more specific details. An internet connection is required toaccess your email account. You, the subscriber, are responsible for theprovision and maintenance of all facilities required to access these accounts.
If entering online, follow the link on ktul.com and complete the entryform.
Entries will be accepted from September 30, 2013 to October 14, 2013. Arandom drawing of all entries (text and email) will take place on or aboutOctober 15, 2013. Winner will be notified on or about October 15, 2013 bytelephone, if entry was via text message, or by other contact information asprovided via email entry.
What can I win?
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Nashville tothe 47th Annual CMA Awards ceremony on November 6, 2013, to include: coachairfare for two (2) from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Nashville, Tennessee, two-nights(one room – double occupancy) in the Gaylord Opryland Resort, two (2) ticketsto the 47th Annual CMA Awards, and two (2) tickets to the CountryMusic Hall of Fame & Museum. The Grand Prize Winner also receives acommemorative CMA Awards gift bag, with collectible autographed by a countryartist chosen in Sponsor's sole discretion and roundtrip ground transportationbetween the airport and hotel. Accommodations include: breakfast at GaylordOpryland each morning, round-trip awards show shuttle transportation,designated Gaylord staff to book and confirm travel arrangements, airport meetand greet by a Gaylord Representative, daily resort access (including wired andwireless high speed internet access in guest rooms and atriums, Fitness Centeraccess, designated complimentary in-room beverages, scheduled complex shuttleservice, and daily newspaper) and complimentary services such as in-houseconcierge and designated Gaylord Opryland Trip Escort to CMA group events(together, the "Prize"). The Prize isvalued at approximately $2540.00. The value of airfare for two is approximately$1000.00 but is subject to market fluctuation. The approximate value of the CMAAwards Tickets is $700.00. The approximate value of the hotel accommodations is$600.00. The approximate value of Country Music Hall of Fame & MuseumTickets is $40.00. Combined total of miscellaneous extras is approximately$200.00. The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusiveand may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be statedin the Affidavit/Release.
If the Prize involves atrip, the following conditions may apply.
Certain black-out-datesand additional restrictions/conditions may apply to prizes involving trips andmay be stated in the Affidavit/Release and/or trip prize travel documents. Sponsor reserves the right to structuretravel route in its sole discretion. No extension or change of trip dates ispermitted once the Sponsor has confirmed trip dates. The Prize trip must be taken between thedates of November 5, 2013- November 7, 2013. The Prize winner is responsible for allother aspects of the trip including, but not limited to: taxes, governmentfees, other travel, meals, gratuities, telephone calls, hotel incidentals,hotel amenities, cabs, and all other such fees or services rendered during theContest trip. If a winner elects totravel with fewer than designated number of guests, no additional compensationwill be awarded. In the event that aprize component is not available for any reason, then remaining elements ofprize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation towinner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
How will I be notified?
The winner will be notified by telephone, if entry wasvia text message, or by other contact information as provided via email entry.
Will I be responsiblefor paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions inthese Rules, allfederal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including incometaxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from theSponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prizehe/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are myresponsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable)will be required to provide:
Under what conditionswill a Prize winner be disqualified an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. PrizeLimits. You may win this Contestonly once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of SixHundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. PrizeSubstitutions. Prizes may not beredeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. SponsorDecisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to thisContest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in itssole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time,including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modificationshall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject toSponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsorhas the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any thirdparties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of theSponsor and will not be returned.
5. PromotionalUse of Winner's Identity. Byparticipating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture,likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/orvoice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whethertelecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited toposting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voicein a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to thefullest extent permitted by law. Sponsorwill not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardlessof its source, to any third party without the express written consent ofentrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. TechnicalProblems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents andrepresentatives shall be responsible for:
7. ContestCancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, tocancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a disputeover the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (ifapplicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem theowner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records)to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames,and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respectiveowners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used hereinsolely for identification purposes.
9. LegalPreemption. ThisContest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to theseRules. This Contest is void whereprohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of anyPrize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute anAcknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or herreceipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/WinnersList. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor'swebsite during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the OfficialRules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KTUL, 3333 S. 29th West Avenue,Tulsa, OK, 74107.