Thursday, October 31, 2013 – Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KTUL, LLC (“Sponsor”) is conducting this Contest on TV station KTUL (“Station”).
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
· 18 years of age or older at time of the Contest; and
· legal residents of and physically located in an area that receives the Station’s broadcast signal, or receives the Station’s programming via cable, satellite or fiber optic distribution (“MVPD”) pursuant to a valid retransmission consent agreement by and between the Sponsor and the MVPD.
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
· live or receive Station’s signal (e.g. satellite retransmission) outside the KTUL viewing area;
· are employed by Sponsor, promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with this Contest (or their affiliates or subsidiaries); or
· are employed by other radio, television, print media operations in the Station’s market (or their affiliates or subsidiaries).
· “Family Members” include: spouses, parents, children and siblings. “Household Members” include persons living at the same street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legally related.
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on Thursday, October 31, 2013 and will continue thereafter through Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by watching Tulsa's Channel 8 at 10pm, Monday through Thursday, during the Contest Period for on-screen instructions for how to enter to win. Viewers will be instructed to text a unique keyword to a designated short code, or to enter online at ktul.com. Only one entry per phone number and one entry per email address will be accepted in each Contest Period
If entering via text, send the keyword to the short code as prompted on screen. Message & data rates may apply. Send "HELP" to 87301 for info, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-866-HIP-CRIK (866.447.2745). Send "STOP" to 87301 to opt out of the service. You must have a two way text-enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan. Compatible carriers include Alltel Wireless, AT&T, Boost Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile (R), Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, and U.S. Cellular. Text messaging is not available in all areas, and on all carriers, within the United States. Contact your carrier for more specific details. An internet connection is required to access your email account. You, the subscriber, are responsible for the provision and maintenance of all facilities required to access these accounts.
By joining this subscription program, you authorize KTUL to send you automated text messages at the mobile number provided. Consent isn’t required to purchase goods or services.
If entering online, follow the link on ktul.com and complete the entry form.
Entries will be accepted each Monday through Thursday from 10pm to 11pm. A random drawing of all entries (text and email) from each night will take place on or about the next business day. Winner will be notified on or about the next business day by telephone, if entry was via text message, or if by other contact information, as provided via email entry.
What can I win?
Sixteen (16) winners will each receive one (1) 16GB silver iPad mini with Wi-Fi capability. The Prize is valued at approximately Three Hundred Dollars ($300). The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible text and email entries received for each drawing.
How will I be notified?
Potential winners will be notified by telephone, if entry is by text, or other contact information provided via email entry.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
· Signed Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release (See Attached Form)
· IRS Form W-9
· Proper Identification (passport, driver’s license, or other form of government-issued picture identification)
· Other documentation Sponsor may require
· The winner will have TEN (10) business days after he/she is announced as a winner to claim the Prize at the Sponsor’s studio at 3333 s. 29TH West Avenue, Tulsa, OK. All prizes must be picked up Monday - Friday between the hours of 8a.m. through 5:30pm. Only the individual who is declared the winner may claim the Prize.
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
· if he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during ten (10) business days from date of drawing;
· if he/she is found to be ineligible;
· if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
· if he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner’s Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant’s parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
· any technical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor;
· cancellation, pre-emption, non-broadcast or out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or in part, of any program containing a Contest element and Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Contest, or any portion thereof, due to such occurrences; or
· inability of the online portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including tampering or infection by computer virus. Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor’s website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KTUL, 3333 S. 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74107.