Smoke Detector Saves Three Girls from House Fire - KTUL.com - Tulsa, Oklahoma - News, Weather & Sports

Smoke Detector Saves Three Girls from House Fire

Posted: Updated:

Tulsa Fire Department responded to fire in North Tulsa a little after 8 a.m. this morning that was accidentally started by a young girl who was playing with matches.

The smoke detector in the home alerted two older girls who were present in the home at 8924 East Newton Place. The two older girls found the young girl hiding in the bathroom and safely made their way out of the house.

Michael Krebs of TFD reported that crews saw smoke and flames coming out of the house upon arriving and after searching the house found that nobody was inside.

There was significant damage to the front bedroom of the house as well as smoke damage throughout the structure.

Krebs encouraged people to check their smoke detectors, service their heating units and have a plan in case of a fire at this time of the season.

  • Top Videos

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow

P.O. Box 8 Tulsa, OK 74101-0008

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTUL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.