Cigarette Sparks Tulsa Apartment Fire - KTUL.com - Tulsa, Oklahoma - News, Weather & Sports

Cigarette Sparks Tulsa Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:

A fire started Sunday evening after a man put out his cigarette on the balcony of his apartment at the Bristol Park apartment complex.

30 MPH wind gusts carried the cigarette into the void space of the floors where it caught bird nests in between the walls and started a fire.

The fire began on the top floor of the apartments and moved to the bottom floor.

A total of two apartments caught on fire and two families were displaced. No one was injured.

Tulsa Fire Department captain Eddie Mangold emphasized that the smallest spark can cause a fire in these dry and windy conditions.


  • Top Videos

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow

P.O. Box 8 Tulsa, OK 74101-0008

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTUL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.