Smoking Woman On Oxygen Starts House Fire - KTUL.com - Tulsa, Oklahoma - News, Weather & Sports

Smoking Woman On Oxygen Starts House Fire

Posted: Updated:

A woman on oxygen set her mattress on fire while smoking in bed Saturday morning according to McAlester Fire Chief Brett Brewer.

McAlester fire crews responded to 1557 East Chickasaw at 4:54 a.m., where another woman living at that address was the first to try to help. She suffered minor burns.

Both women suffered smoke inhalation.

Two rooms and the attic were a total loss according to Brewer and the rest of the house was damaged by smoke.

No firefighter injuries were reported.


  • Top Videos

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow

P.O. Box 8 Tulsa, OK 74101-0008

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTUL. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.