Good Day Tulsa Wedding Giveaway
May 1, 2014 – June 12, 2014
Official Contest Rules Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
Rules updated 4 p.m. Friday, May 30
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KTUL, LLC and Apertures Photography, Facchiano’s, Ms. Laura’s Cakes, Signature Flowers, Spexton, The Chalkboard, The Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Unity Cross, Inc., and White House Mansion (together, “Sponsor”) are conducting this Contest on TV station KTUL (“Station”).
Who can participate in this Contest?
Couples who are each:
· 18 years of age or older at time of the Contest;
· Legally able to get married in the state of Oklahoma; and
· legal residents of and physically located in an area that receives the Station’s broadcast signal, or receives the Station’s programming via cable, satellite or fiber optic distribution (“MVPD”) pursuant to a valid retransmission consent agreement by and between the Sponsor and the MVPD.
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
· live or receive Station’s signal (e.g. satellite retransmission) outside the KTUL viewing area;
· are employed by Sponsor, promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with this Contest (or their affiliates or subsidiaries); or
· are employed by other radio, television, print media operations in the Station’s market (or their affiliates or subsidiaries).
· “Family Members” include: spouses, parents, children and siblings. “Household Members” include persons living at the same street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legally related.
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on Thursday, May 1, 2014 at noon and will continue thereafter through Thursday, June 12, 2014.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Couples may participate by visiting KTUL.com from May 1, 2014 through May 20th, 2014 and completing a short entry questionnaire concerning why they want to get married live on Good Day Tulsa. A small panel of judges from KTUL, chosen in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will select five (5) finalist couples on May 21, 2014 based on the unique, compelling and genuine nature of the couples’ answers. In order to be eligible as a Finalist Couple both participants of the couple: must be able to provide a photo of themselves together, must be able to provide their full names, ages, county of their individual residences, must be available to appear on Good Day Tulsa during the week of May 26th, 2014, must be available for all fittings the week of May 26th, 2014, must be available to be married on June 12th, 2014 between 7am and noon, must supply their own wedding license, must agree to a non-denominational ceremony, must agree to invite no more than eighteen 18 guests to the live wedding and reception, and must agree to receive the wedding components as they are offered. Each of the five (5) finalist couples (“Finalist Couples”) will be scheduled to appear on Good Day Tulsa, one couple a day, during the week of May 26th, 2014. Finalist Couples must make themselves available to appear on the day and time selected by KTUL to continue to be eligible as a Winning Couple. On May 30th, 2014 at 12pm all Finalist Couples will be posted on the KTUL Facebook page for public voting. Votes will be accepted through 12pm on June 5th, 2014. Facebook guests must like the Tulsa’s Channel 8 Facebook page in order to access the online voting form. Only one vote per unique Facebook account is accepted. On June 6th, 2014 the Finalist Couple with the most votes will be announced as the winner (the “Winning Couple”). In the case of two or more Finalist Couples receiving the same amount of votes, KTUL will select the Winning Couple randomly from those Finalist Couples receiving the same number of votes. The Winning Couple will be married live on Good Day Tulsa at 9am on Thursday, June 12, 2014.
What can I win?
The Winning Couple will receive The Good Day Tulsa Wedding Package. The Good Day Tulsa Wedding Package includes a live wedding on Good Day Tulsa on Thursday, June 12, 2014 at The White House Mansion venue (“Venue”). The White House Mansion includes four (4) hours of use on Thursday, June 12, 2014 for wedding and reception combined, and chairs and tables valued at Eight Hundred Dollars ($800), one (1) wedding dress from a selection of styles provided by Facchiano’s up to the max value of One Thousand Dollars ($1000) with alterations ($300) (available only in sizes 8-14 Bridal or sizes 6-12 Ready-To-Wear) from Facchiano’s together valued at Thirteen Hundred Dollars ($1300), one (1) rented tuxedo with fitting and shoes from Facchiano’s valued at One Hundred and Eighty Dollars ($180), one (1) Men’s fitted wedding band from Spexton valued at Four Hundred and Twenty-Nine Dollars ($429), one (1) Women’s fitted wedding band from Spexton valued at Nine Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($950), one (1) four-tiered decorated wedding cake with fondant sugar flowers serving sixty-two (62) guests and top tier ‘gifted’ for first wedding anniversary from Ms. Laura’s Cakes valued at Three Hundred Dollars ($300), wedding flowers from Signature Flowers consisting of three (3) Table Centerpieces, Bride’s Bouquet, Groom’s Boutonniere, and Altar Arrangement in Winner’s choice of colors and design valued up to Twenty-Two Hundred Dollars ($2200) based on selection, catered brunch (menu to be pre-determined by Sponsor) at venue for twenty (20) from The Chalkboard to include food, non-alcoholic beverages and service valued at Eighteen Hundred Dollars ($1800), one (1) Unity Cross or Unity Heart Sculpture Service in choice of color/design with engraving valued up to Three Hundred Dollars ($300) based on selection, wedding photography from Apertures Photography to include three (3) photographers for two (2) hours and a DVD of all photographs (no prints) valued at Fifteen Hundred Dollars ($1500), one (1) night’s Premier Romance Package at The Ambassador Hotel for Wedding Night to include a Corner King Deluxe room with two (2) plush Ambassador micro-fiber robes, one (1) long-stem rose, imported French sparkling lemonade, gourmet chocolate truffles, complimentary on-site parking, bottled water and 1pm late check-out valued at Two Hundred Ninety-Nine Dollars ($299). The Prize is valued at approximately Ten Thousand and Fifty-Eight Dollars ($10,058) based on the maximum value associated with each prize. Prize value may differ slightly on the basis of Winner’s selections. The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of being a Finalist Couple depend on the number of couples entering the contest and the subjective merit of the entry submitted, based solely on KTUL’s subjective discretion. The odds of a Finalist Couple being the Winning Couple depend on the number of votes received during the public voting period. If two or more Finalist Couples receive the same number of Facebook votes a random selection from the tied couples will occur.
How will I be notified?
All Finalist Couples and the Winning Couple will be notified by phone number(s) and/or other contact information listed on their entry.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as a Finalist/Prize winner?
Finalist Couples will be required to provide:
· Signed Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release (See Attached Form)
· Proper Identification (passport, driver’s license, or other form of government-issued picture identification)
· Other documentation Sponsor may require
· Finalist Couples will have twenty-four (24) hours after they are announced as a Finalist to contact KTUL to verify their eligibility and schedule their Good Day Tulsa appearance. All Finalist Couples must be available to appear on Good Day Tulsa at the Sponsor’s studio at 3333 s. 29TH West Avenue, Tulsa, OK, one couple a day, the week of May 26th, 2014. Finalist Couples must be available between the hours of 7am and 11am on Thursday, June 12, 2014 if they are selected as the Winning Couple to be married live on Good Day Tulsa at White House Mansion.
Under what conditions will a Finalist Couple be disqualified and an alternate Finalist Couple selected?
· if he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made for twenty-four (24) hours after announcement;
· if he/she is found to be ineligible;
· if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
· if he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner’s Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, entry materials, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant’s parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
· any technical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor;
· cancellation, pre-emption, non-broadcast or out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or in part, of any program containing a Contest element and Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Contest, or any portion thereof, due to such occurrences; or
· inability of the online portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including tampering or infection by computer virus. Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
- to waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest;
- to release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor;
- to acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize and does not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work or any product associated with a prize including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance;
- that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
- that any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law;
- that Sponsor is not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
- that if, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received;
- that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Contest;
- that in no event shall Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with the Contest; and
- If the contest is run through Facebook:
- that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook;
- to release Facebook of any and all claims related to this Contest; and
- that they are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor’s website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KTUL, 3333 S. 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74107.